Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017



 The chunkiest baby I've ever seen. awwwwwww




My sweet Rosa had her interview for baptism! yaya Next Saturday is her big day! 

Also, this pic with Rosa... I promise that's not sweat on my shirt. Those lil boys with the CTR rings threw water on me. 



 This week one of my investigators told me I look like a cat cause I have green eyes. So I guess I look like a poofy dog cause of my hair and a cat cause of my eyes haha. ahh Speaking of my hair....several women in my ward right now have offered to take me to a salon so my hair can be straight and not so ¨"uncombed" haha But I've started telling them this is the way God made it and how He wants my hair and we can't do anything about it. It gets them to back off for a bit. haha

This week my comp and I threw down a lil Book of Mormon stand. it was really fun, just trying to talk to everyone who passed, talkin' 'bout this supah gooood book. Out of the hour and a half we were out there we only had one woman stop and talk to us. The rest were men haha.  All the women that passed just told us to get an umbrella for the sun and continued on. But I've got faith that at least one of those men will find more from that experience than just talking to two female foreigners, but that he will actually read this book and come to know the truth.

I love serving the mission because time and time again the spirit just testifies to me of the truth of this church. The other day we were teaching Charley, our boy band investigator hah and we had an incredible lesson where the spirit was so strong and Charley just kept saying "I feel good, I feel peace" and it's just so true that this gospel just makes you feel good. i can't imagine living without this peace that it brings. I've learned so much here on the mission and one thing is that we can create moments for ourselves where we can hear and feel the spirit. Put dat phone away, go somewhere quiet and invite the spirit into yo life! It's as easy as that. We have a Heavenly Father who wants so badly to talk to us, and he's just waiting for some peace and quiet and a little bit of our focus on the important things in life....and just like that we can create a very spiritual moment for ourselves and hear the things that God wants us to hear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment