Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 2017




Everyone says I look like Shakira. Literally one of the things I hear most these days. 
Also I think hurricane Irma and Maria just arrived a lil late. The other night it started to doooownpour while we were walking home, and then that night the lightning and thunder that was goin' down was insane. I've never heard thunder so loud. Our apartment building was shaking and car alarms were going off, all due to the thunder. It was a pretty good time.

               So we are teaching this guy named Charlie. He started talking to us on the street one night in English and at first I thought he was just one of the flirts on the street so I gave him kind of a half-hearted greeting, but then we ended up talking for a bit and discovered that this guy is awesome and he's searching for the truth. Anyways so we've been teaching him, and turns out he was in this boy band back in the day. And during one lesson he went on and on about it and showed us pics too. Some of the pics were so posed and so cheesy, it was hard to not bust up laughing. So ya. I'm teaching the equivalent of a Backstreet Boy. Just Dominican. So dat's pretty cool.  

                  The mission is so great these days. I have such a love for this work. It really is the Lord's work and as a missionary I'm representing Jesus Christ. I've been trying to remember that more, and I've just been able to feel the love that our brother and Savior has for each person. I'm so grateful for this time in my life as a missionary. yayayayay



No comments:

Post a Comment