Monday, November 6, 2017

November 6, 2017










 I don't know why she kept her glasses on for the pics but I didn't wanna ask...



Also yaya i got my hands on a guitar this week and played a lil song for Rosa at her baptism.


My zone rented a big bus and we took some of our investigators to the temple! It was a good time! 















This week was the baptism of my dear Rosa. So my whole time here in Herrera we have visited the cute old lady Hermana Areas. She's been a member for 30 years but now she's too old to get to church or do much. So we go over and read the scriptures with her and sing with her. And all this time I've noticed the in-house worker, Rosa. She lives with her and takes care of her. And about 6 weeks ago we invited her to come and read with us. And she loved it. Then we brought her her own Book of Mormon and then we threw in some lessons. Then she started coming to church, and now she's a baptized member! She's a funny weird lady. She gets so passionate talking about God and she starts moving her hands lots and kinda yelling....haha and that's exactly what she did this Sunday after she was confirmed a member. She got up at the pulpit and started talking super loud in the mic and everyone was a lil caught off guard but it was the sweetest, most energetic, happiest testimony I've ever seen! I'm soooo happy for her and so thankful for the hand of God in this work and for the chance to teach some of his children soooooo prepared! 

This week I was hit with a cold and fever and I learned a few things. According to Dominicans if you have a cold you shouldn't wash your hair or do the dishes cause i guess the dish soap and shampoo aren't good for the health. Also I drank soooo many different home made remedies that were terrible. Dominicans are strange but I love em. 



No comments:

Post a Comment