Monday, October 2, 2017

October 2, 2017



I could die, because of the amount of food people give us. At one house we get a giant plate of rice and meat, at the next a giant plate of pasta, and then later that night we get some more rice from someone else. And these meals are always paired with soda, and ah, its just too much these days. 


I have a new comp. Hermana Yillatoro. She's from Guatemala and it looks like I'm walking with a 10 year old all day. I'm not very tall myself, but this women is tiny. i will be "killing" her as the missionaries are calling it these days, as in this is her last transfer, and I'm her last comp. She loves using her selfie stick.

Two miracles went down this week. The first one: Jenny got baptized. Woohooo. After a good amount of time investigating the church, she finally felt ready and knew the truth. After she got out of the font, she just gave me a big wet hug. My heart was just so full knowing that this amazing daughter of God finally made the best choice in her life. 

The other miracle: To make a long story short we were called to do intercambios with the MTC. All the MTC kids were very late, so it would have been pointless to travel back to our areas with only like an hour to proselyte, but guess what. We were in my old area Piantini. So I went and visited my convert, Leonnel, who now has the priesthood! and has an even stronger testimony than before. It was so great to see him, and see how the gospel has just become part of his life. It's still something new to him but he has just embraced it. It made me think. cause i was born in the church as many of us are, and its always just been there. It's never really been something new for me...for us, which is okay because we have always had a sense of this wonderful knowledge, but like Leonel, a new convert, we need to always be actively learning about the church we are in. We can't get lazy because we have had it our whole lives. We need to be doing the little things that new converts are so excited about. reading the scriptures, going to church, listening to the words of the leaders of the church. During conference this weekend i was sitting next to Marilin who was baptized last Saturday, so very new in the church. and she was just so excited and listening so intently to their words and every time she liked something they said, she would look at me and just give a smile and a big nod agreeing with what they were saying. These converts may be new but their testimonies are so so strong because they are actively learning more about their new church...their new life as a member. 
it just opened my eyes that we as long-time members can't get in the rut of thinking we have enough because we have been members our whole lives. We need to be like the new excited converts who are ready at any moment to obtain more knowledge and a stronger testimony of their church. well yep...thats all. love you all!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment