Monday, October 16, 2017

October 16, 2017


All my comps haha 




You know the song Concrete Jungle? Yeah, it actually wasn't talking about New York. It was talking about Herrera


My cutie pie Adriana lookin good for church

So this week I will hit nine months in the mission. To be honest, not quite sure how I feel about the fact that I am already halfway done with the mission. Time is going by a lil too fast. Teaching people the truth all day errday is da best and I don't want it to end!

This week God blessed us bigtime! We were out contacting an area we had never been and weren't having much success. but then we came upon this building with two apartments. So we climbed the stairs and were met by this cute dog that led us to this open door. And there in this apartment sat a 24 year old Haitaian man as if he was just waiting for us to come to his door. We shared with him about the Book of Mormon, and then we somehow got on the topic of priesthood and this power that worthy men can have. I shared about how blessed I have been in my life to have men who hold the priesthood and some of the amazing things that the priesthood can do, and then he said "I want that. What do I have to do to have this?" Then we talked about the gift of the holy ghost. and he said the same thing. "I want this. What do i need to do to have these things? What can I do to be a part of this?" My comp and I just looked at each other in awe and then we told him he had to be a baptized member. Then he said. "Okay, I like things fast. And I want these things as soon as possible, so when can I do this?" Then we asked him to be baptized on November 4th. and he said yes!! 

I was literally so giddy during and after that lesson. God had his hand in this experience. The fact that we decided to go to that area, walk down that road, go to that buidling. It was all the Spirit guiding us. I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and priesthood power. And so thankful that Heavenly Father led us to Jessy so he can soon have these amazing blessings! 


No comments:

Post a Comment