Monday, June 5, 2017

June 5, 2017

HOLA!!

Wow what a great week it was! We have this awesome guy named Leonel that we are teaching, and this week we put a date for his baptism, and the thing he said was "ya, okay. I just need to get work off!" All in Spanish of course but it was super great! The other day he had this cool leather bound journal and I commented on it and said i liked it. And then he gave it to me. I kept trying to say no but he wouldn't let us leave without it haha. People are like that here. They give you sooo much! We found this lady the other day named Claudia and she let us into her home, and as we were talking about who we were, she just started crying and saying how it was a miracle we came to her. This was Saturday and then on Sunday she came to church, and after church we ate at her house and then she gave us all these clothes... clothes that definitely aren't mission appropriate but ya, I think she's gonna get baptized. I have high hopes for that woman.

The number of wedding proposals I receive just keeps going up. haha The other day we were in a carrito and I was sitting in the back and my comp in the front and the driver was talking to my comp saying "I want to marry her" pointing to me, and how my comp can leave and he will take care of me, and my comp was just explaining how we are missionaries and we can't leave each other, and he just kept saying "no its fine, you can leave. I will take care of her." Needless to say we got out of the car as soon as possible.

One of our investigators offered to get me a dog. It was hard to say no.

The work is going great here! I'm super happy and super hot all the time. I love this gospel with all my heart! It brings so much peace. Love ya'll
This old man is one of my favorite Dominicans. Can't really understand him haha but his smile says it all. Love him lots


This is one of the outfits an investigator gave us.

No comments:

Post a Comment