Monday, August 28, 2017

August 28, 2017




Saying goodbye to these little ladies was soooo hard! They were both just sobbing, then I started crying too. And it was so sad. They were such a blessing to me in Piantini.


Me and my new comp, Hermana Yep. She's from Chicago and her padres are Mexican.


Heavenly Father blessed me with some more lil Haitian babies to love though, so it's okay.



The DR is hoooooot. And even hotter when youre climbing baby moutains all day. Being here has opened my eyes to just how wonderful and what a blessing air conditioning is. That will be a cool day when that exists in my life again, but until then I will just keep using the restoration pamphlets as a fan. 

We found this really great woman. She's like 60 and we invited her to church and she actually came, and when she introduced herself in Relief Society she said ¨This is my first time in this church but I hope to be here forever.¨So yeah, that was a great miracle and now she's got a baptismal date coming up! But I always get a lil hesitant to mention cool miracles like that because the last time I wrote about someone who I thought was golden....well she turned out to not just be Claudia, but CRAZY CLAUDIA. So I'm hoping that's not the case for this lady. But I don't think it is. Marylin is great. God is definitely helping us lots here. The work is really progressing.

Something I've come to love is the books of the teachings of all the prophets. It's incredible that we have men guiding us who are literally led by God and I've come to have deeper appreciation for them by reading their life stories and their teachings. I'm currently reading about Ezra Taft Benson. He's dope, and while he was prophet he focused a lot on The Book of Mormon. He said that the whole church is under condemnation because we aren't reading and studying the words of this sacred book more, and that we need to repent for not putting as much heed to its teachings in our lives. Those words are pretty strong, and I definitely had some repenting to do after reading that. haha But the mission has strengthened my testimony so much of this book. I love the time every day that I get to study the words of these prophets. We are all so beyond blessed to have this knowledge. We can't take it for granted. I think of my convert, Leonel. Every time we stopped by to visit him he was listening to The Book of Mormon. It was so new to him and it was so nice to see someone with a brand new testimony of this amazing book and the heed he put in his life to be uplifted by its words. I need to do the same and make time to study The Book of Mormon. These aren't my words. They're the words of the prophet, SO DO IT! 

In true missionary form, I will be following up with ya'll next week. haha. Okay, bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment