Monday, August 21, 2017

August 21, 2017

Hola! 

Well there is a lot to say about my new area. I will give ya'll the run down. So Herrera has been pretty dead for the past several months. Not too much goin' on here. And well let's just say the numbers and statistics prove it. But wow. This ward is incredible. I don't even know how the work hasn't been killer here because the ward wants to help so much, and has tons of referrals for us. Slowly but surely this work is going to come alive here. It already is. God blessed us with toooons of miracles this week. We put some baptismal dates down this week, several new people came to church, and I can just feel it. Soon Herrera is going to get out of the slump it's been in for the past while and in no time it will be thriving. 

This area is all hills. For all my family out there reading this, my area is like walking the hill to grandma and grandpa's house all day errday. Good thing I don't have my mothers knees!

 A blessing or gift or talent or whatever ya wanna call it, that I have always had is that I can sleep. ln any circumstance I can fall asleep, and super quickly. But this talent has left me the past week. I don't know if it's the extreme heat, or the loud music playing until 2 in the morning, or the baby that lives next door crying, or maybe all of the above, but Heavenly Father is helping me to keep on keepin' on. There's a lot to be done here. 

Also there are tons of darling old people in this ward so I'm enjoying that. 

The other day we were knocking doors and a lady was cleaning her fridge so we offered to help, and she allowed us to help take out the fridge shelves, clean them, and put them back in. But while we were putting the shelves back in we all got really confused on how they fit in and I kept trying all sorts of ways it could go in, and I was at it for like a half hour and the lady just kept encouraging me with "Yeah, Mormon." haha Like so many times she said that. And then finally I got them to fit, and so we started the process of putting all the food back in and the lady found this cake that she had forgotten about. And it was very clear she had forgotten about it...SO OLD. But she got super pumped about it and wanted to reward us for our help and so she broke off a piece for each of us and got super happy when we took a bite. And ahhh it was so bad. So when she turned around I threw it in my bag and then my comp did the same. God will always give us a way to escape any hard situtation--any old rotten cake or any trial. ¨Remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment