Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4, 2017


a pic with all three of my comps. wooow cool.



Jacob is a dog but acts like a baby. 

This week was extremely fast, and super good. We had zone conference. Went on an intercambio to the southern part of the island where I saw horses and cows for the first time in like 7 months haha. Also saw some darling lil goats on the side of the road, but then a lil bit farther down the road, they were killing them and hanging them upside down, so I tried to forget that part. Goats are cute. 

I'm super sick of bugs. These huuuge cockroaches are always  getting into our house and they are like the length of my wrist. Also our bathroom always has tons of mosquitoes so while you're going to the bathroom you just gotta swat them away. Also our shower has all these little tiny bugs that I have no idea what they are and my shower body scrubber is always full of them, so I just gotta wash it out and then scrub my body and hope I'm not scrubbing these bugs into my skin. 

We had a great activity with our ward and investigators. It was about the plan of salvation. and everyone would move room to room to learn about each part of the plan and at the very end my comp and I stood in front to answer all the questions people had. But something you need to know is that there are lots of hoodrat kids off the street always doing stuff on the grass or basketball court of the chapel, so of course knowing that everyone needs this gospel we invited them in to learn this wonderful plan......and have a donut at the end.... the donut part got them. Okay so now back to the question and answer part of the activity. We had several investigators with good questions, but then all the hoodrat kids started asking all sorts of questions, like what is hell like, what does Satan look like, etc. Just really dumb questions like that just trying to stump us. Eventually the bishop stopped them haha I thought it was pretty funny though.

This week we saw tons of miracles. Finding houses here is impossible. Like the road names are never written, same with the house numbers, and so we had a couple people this week we contacted on the street and we tried to find their houses, and like i said it's impossible...to do on your own, but if you have the help of Heavenly Father it's possible. And by lil miracles here and there we found the houses and one of these people and her daughter came to church and I think they are gonna get baptized. 

And then the best way to finish the week was that we had sooo many investigators in church. (10 of them) They all  just kept coming throughout sacrament meeting and by the end our row was so squished with investigators I was practically sitting on my comp's lap. It was so great. I am having so much fun here, and we are seeing so much progress. Wooohooooo also this week someone in the street said i look like a fluffy dog cause of my hair. GRACIAS 


No comments:

Post a Comment