Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27, 2017

I found out that Hermana Areas, my 87 year old friend has a doll named Tati that she can't sleep without. hahaha she loves this doll and was holding her and caring for her so tenderly. My comp was freaked out but i just couldn't stop smiling. haha 


It was my sweet Yvonne's bday this week. The mom of all these cutie pies. I baked her a cake, and as we walked in with balloons and cake, she whispered to me, "i didn't think anyone would remember my birthday. Thank you."  It's moments and people like her that are truly humbling me and changing me. 


Zone conference. Yay!



We didn't celebrate Thankgiving but I'm still feeling pretty thankful. 
    THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR
*bug spray
*days when I don't have to eat rice
*ceiling fans
*mashed potatoes and my mom's stuffing that I will be eating extra of next year
*a fridge. my comp broke our fridge so we have only been eating peanut butter and jelly sandwiches or canned food.
*cute old people 
*the love and support of my family and friends.
*the kindness of the Dominican people.
*the Book of Mormon. It's true. read it. 
*rainy days, when its not soooo hot
*being on the mission. Honestly this is the best time of my life, and I'm learning and growing so much
*getting to be a part of the conversion of these people. watching them learn and really have a change of heart is something truly incredible.
*Jesus Christ and all he did for us.
*looking back on experiences and coming to see that it was the spirit guiding me. One day this week I woke up before the alarm and laid there thinking about the lessons we had that day.  We have a sweet new investigator named Miriany who's 15. Where she lives there is always lots of noise from the road, so I was thinking of how we could have more of a quiet spiritual lesson. And then the thought came "go to the church and have the lesson there" i thought "Ya, good idea Savannah." but come to find out. that was in no way my idea because later that night, there in the silence and peacefulness of the church, Miriany prayed about the truth of this church and her prayer was answered. Right after her prayer we stayed on our knees for a min all of us just in peace and then she broke into tears, and told us how good she felt. God knew that we wouldn' have been able to have that moment in her house so he put that thought in my mind so that this sweet girl could know of the love that God has for her and the truth of this church. 
*i am so thankful to be a member of the church of Jesus Christ of latter-day saints and to be preaching this message. Out here on the mission I've truly become converted and I'm so thankful to be able to say with all my heart that this church is true. 

No comments:

Post a Comment