Monday, September 18, 2017

September 18, 2017


The cuties that will be baptizedJose Alberto Adriana Marilin


Also one of the best lil old ladies!! She's the cutest thing and I love her sooo much!




Also, Anthony Davis is Mormon and in my ward. 

Random fact....Dominicans use their ovens as an extra cuppoard. They ask you if you want a drink of water, and then they pull out the cups from in the oven. Or they ask if you want some crackers, or avocados or something random, and they pull it out from the oven. Its really funny. Everything but stuff you bake goes in their ovens. 

Another fact. I hit 8 months in the mission today. Time is just flying by! ahhhhhhhh

Fact 3... I have lice. Washing your hair and then seeing gross little bugs coming out is not a fun experience. So this week was just a lot of lice hunting. All the actual bugs are out, but they laid billions of tiny eggs, so my comp has been real great and has been trying to find them and take them out strand by strand. But a pro to all this was that we got to go sleep in a nice air-conditioned apartment because we didn't have running water one night so the missionary couple that had been helping picked us up late one night and took us to their house where they put special shampoo in my hair and got some lice out. Then I slept in a nice, air-conditioned room snuggled up with a nice big comforter. 

We have been working with a few really great people and this week they had their baptismal interviews and next Saturday will be their big day!

My testimony has been really strengthened of just how true this church is lately. We have been working with this guy who is super into the bible and he needs all the evidence of everything in the bible. And then our most recent lesson he pulled out some Catholic bible with 8 other books that I had never heard of. I just asked him, but who are these people? Are they prophets? And he obviously couldn't say yes. He didn't really know where they came from. But working with him has just been an eye opener because everything in this church is of God, it´s what Jesus Christ intended for his church to be. I love this gospel sooo much! I know without a doubt its the only true church. If you don't know it, just pray to our Heavenly Father who knows everything!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment