Monday, March 13, 2017

March 13, 2017


6'10" elder at the MTC. Fun!


Made some lifelong friends with these people.


Dabbing my way out of the MTC.


MTC days


 Most of our area is the big fancy buildings,
 but then weve got little sections with crazy living situations like this




Roberto's baptism 


I just wanna take all the little kids and all the dogs home with me. this is Si. He's the best and loves sitting on my lap and playing with my name tag. 


Hellllllo! 

Everybody here thinks its hilarious that my last name is White and I'm literally as white as they come, haha. They always get a good laugh when I meet people. Also, speaking of meeting people. We do the whole hug/kiss the cheek thing here and I'm super bad at it. I always go the wrong way and then I almost kiss them, noooot on the cheek and its super bad. Hopefully with time I will get better at it, just like Spanish.

President asked me to be in a choir for a devotional with Elder Anderson so that will be fun. So the baptism this week went well. I guess there hasn't been a baptism in this area for a while, and so our mission leader said he would take care of everything. Anyways we went to the chapel an hour early to get everything set up. We walked in and all the halls and classrooms were flooded! Our mission leader never came back to turn off the font hose and so we had to mop and sweep all the water out in time for the baptism and we got all sweaty and it was muy loco, but it was fun. Made for a more memorable baptism! It was great to see how happy Roberto was! 

So it's my second week. Very bad at spanish. Very bad at knowing where I am in my area. BUT I had to take a sister from the mtc out on splits and get work done. I was kinda nervous but also excited. So pretty much we just went contacting for a good while and both of us are not good with Spanish but ya know, we just went for it. We buzzed into a building and said we were missioanries and instead of hearing some Spanish that I didnt know, we heard "us too" haha. Anyways, we were very confused but then a sneior missionary walked down and invited us into his apartment! and he and his wife were super nice and they gave us pie and yeah, our fist lesson of the day was teaching this cute senior couple how to take a selfie haha. Buuuuut... it was awesome that this senior couple let us into their apartment because then... we were in a building! So we went to the top and worked our way down. We got a lot of "come back another day" but the best thing was we taught a first lesson to someone. In our very bad Spanish we were able to teach and the spirit was very stong and I gave this lady my Book of Mormon cause i didn't bring any others with me, but it made me so happy cause i handed it to her and she just hugged it to her chest and yeah! it was awesome! We will be meeting with her again. We also got locked in a different building and were knocking on doors and trying to ask them to buzz us out, but they all just thought we were trying to share about the gospel and they closed their doors on  us. haha So we were locked in for a while but we fnally got out. 

I love the gospel. I love the work. It's nothin but a blast! love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment