Monday, March 12, 2018

March 12, 2018

Life is good! We are teaching some real nice people. We just had transfers, which means I'm in my second to last transfer. It also means that our district changed a lot, which is too bad. It was almost an all Utahan district. The elders were talking about this new exercise routine that after a certain amount of time, it's supposedly guaranteed that you will be able to dunk the ball after. It doesn't even matter how tall you are. haha So now I'm doing this jumping workout to help me dunk. So watch out everyone. I'm gonna come back dunking. 

The other day we were walking trying to find a house and there were some kids playing baseball. One of them called me over and asked where I'm from, so I responded. Then he said with a wink, "Ah, you've got my visa rubia. Let's get married and you can take me to the United States."

I was in shock and started busting up. I asked him how old he was and he said 18, but his friends behind him were saying he's 10, which was obviously the correct answer. Then I just walked away laughing. But the house wasn't in that direction so we had to turn around and pass them again and as we passed, the 10 year old said,
"Rubia, look I've even got armpit hair" to try and convince me he was 18. Then he took off his shirt and pointed at his armpit!!. 

I was dying. You hear stuff like that about the visa from men almost on the daily, but this lil 10 year old kid. Yikes. What has this world come to. But yeah, gave me a good laugh. 

No one in this lil branch plays the piano, and I'm the music leader here and sometimes I literally have no idea what the songs are, so i just kinda try to start and pretend i know what song it is, and then everyone joins in so it's all good. But dang, this Sunday our branch president picked the most obscure hymns that i had never even seen. so i did my classic fake it till ya make it and just wait for everyone else to join in and sing, but noooo one knew these songs either. It was a pretty rough sacrament meeting. Everyone just trying to sing every hymn the way they thought was right. hope it didn't scare away the first timers in church. 

So yeah, the mish is dope and fun and cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment