Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2017

Woweee. Christmas time in the mish is crazy. On Friday we had a Stake Christmas concert. On Saturday we had a light the world concert in a big fancy mall in Santo Domingo. And on Sunday we had another concert at the temple. It's a good time. And we had a good turn out of investigators for all of the activities!

So crazy that it's already almost Christmas. From what I've heard, December in the mission is pretty tough. Everyone has their own activities, no one has time to listen to our message, and baptisms are really low this time of year. But God has been helping us so so much. This next Saturday we will be having 7 baptisms. I've just been in awe lately witnessing the hand of God in this work. Like it says in Alma 13¨24 ¨Angels are declaring it unto many at this time, for the purpose of preparing the hearts of the children of men to receive his word.¨ I truly believe that angels have been preparing and touching the hearts of these people. It's so incredible to see some of these people accept the gospel so quickly. For some of them who will be baptized next Saturday, its been a longer process, over a few transfers. But others we met in this transfer and so quickly they have been able to feel the truth of these things in such a short amount of time. And it's all thanks to those angels preparing these people for the moment when two hot, sweaty, tired imperfect missionaries pass by with a simple message. And the spirit and the love of God and Jesus Christ do the rest. I'm so grateful to play a small part in bringing these people to the truth. There is nothin better!


I'm becoming pro in dominos!! Oh if you didn't know, Dominicans looove dominos.


Christmas concert.



One of the very best things about this week, is that I got to see my darling Haitian family! They were at the temple for the Christmas concert. And I saw Milady, the little girl walking around, and then she saw me and gave me a big hug and led me to her parents! And I got to meet the newest lil member of the family! They didn't end up using my name. hahaha Probably cause my name is really close to another word that means blanket....but it's all good! I love them soooo much!



Lighting da world with service! 



Me and my comp

No comments:

Post a Comment